30 April 2012

Mojitos!

In honor of the weather finally breaking and the sun finally shining I thought it would be a great opportunity to share with you all my tried and true mojito recipe. A Cuban classic, it's the perfect summer drink. I love mojitos! They're the best possible combo of lime, mint, sugar and booze. You  can't possibly go wrong and Hemingway agrees.
I'm a purist so don't even think about using some sort of mix. Only the freshest ingredients will do. If you're looking for a rum recommendation, I personally go for Mt Gay Eclipse Silver. It's from Barbados and it's delicious. (I dated a man from Barbados who wouldn't drink anything else and credit where credit is due, the man knew his rum).

Here's my recipe:
8-12 Mint Leaves
1/2 Lime
1 Tb Sugar (you can go for a simple syrup but sometimes I love plain old sugar)
2 oz Rum
Club Soda
Ice

Careful not to mangle the mint leaves because you want to merely release the flavor through muddling, not hack it into shards that then float through your drink.

No comments: